- Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
- Sector: ProductionOperations
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Start Date:
- Salary: £9.00 - £10.00 per hour
- Required Skills:
Atkinson Page - gap personnel group have an exciting opportunity for experienced Production Supervisors.
This vacancy is to join our client who is one of Europe’s largest independent soft tissue product manufacturers. Established since 1993
Reference number: BH936GP
Job Title:- Production Supervisor
Contract Type:- Permanent - Full time (directly with Accrol Papers)
Business Area:- Production/Manufacturing
Salary:- £9.50 p/h
Hours of Work:- 12hour 4 on 4 off shift pattern days & nights rotating
Attendance Bonus: Weekly attendance bonus, providing a full week of shifts are completed, which equates to 14.286% of your basic weekly salary = £54.63 per week.
Overview:- Accrol Papers are currently seeking individuals with a pragmatic and resilient approach to problem solving and exceptional attention to detail. To succeed in this role you will need to be customer focused, have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and be prepared to work flexibly in line with the needs of the business.
Role Purpose: - Reporting directly to the Production/Shift Manager, you will manage all shop floor personnel and drive efficiency throughout the production unit. Managing the team in the designated cells, including operational responsibility for specific assets, to achieve the business targets.
Experience/Knowledge :- Candidates must have solid proven experience working at this level in FMCG / paper industry manufacturing environment, ideally 3+ years. You will have great communication skills and be able to interact with all levels of the business, whilst demonstrating your excellent supervisory skills including organising, developing and influencing your team.
* Responsible for the safety of all employees operating within the cell and implementing safety programs to improve safety and performance
* To manage the cell team to achieve or exceed agreed outputs and daily targets
* Provide direction, encouragement and support to team members, develop team working and ensure adherence to performance management standards
* Support the Cell Leader to establish clear operating standards and systems for all aspects of the operations with respect to maintaining and improving safety, quality, cost, delivery and staff morale
* To drive a continuous improvement culture
* Plan and support effective training and development for all groups within the cell to ensure team members have the correct skills to meet the business needs
* Deliver clear succession plans for the Line Leaders through a structured development program and coach behavioral values into the business organisation
* Solve production problems and consistently improve in all areas of operation
Free parking, staff facilities, pension, attendance bonus and voluntary overtime are available.
To apply, you will need to complete the application form which can be requested by emailing or call 0113 2048581.
Atkinson Page, gap Personnel Group and Accrol Papers are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.